Are your teeth as straight as they should be? If you are suffering from a misalignment with your teeth, or if any of them have grown in improperly, they will need to be readjusted with an orthodontic aligner treatment.
Listed below are a few common forms of malocclusions:
– Spacing malocclusions arise when there are irregular gaps and spaces between teeth.
– Underbites (bulldog teeth) arise when the upper and lower incisors fail to align, with the lower incisors sticking out further.
– Deep bites arise when the upper and lower incisors fail to align with the upper incisors sticking out far enough that the lower incisors can cut into the gums behind the teeth.
– Misplaced midlines arise when the middle of the upper and lower incisors fail to align up correctly.
– Crossbites arise when the upper and lower jawbones fail to align.
– Transposition malocclusions arise when teeth breach the gum line in places other than where they should be.
– Overbites (upper protrusions/buck teeth) are malocclusions that arise when the upper and lower incisors fail to align, with the upper incisors sticking out further.
– Open bites arise when the upper and lower incisors fail to align when biting down onto something.
– Rotation malocclusions arise when teeth rotate out of alignment.
If you would like to set up an orthodontic alignment at Amy Richter Orthodontics or would like an all-inclusive oral exam from Dr. Amy Richter and our team at our office, please call us at 716-239-4815. We are here to be the orthodontist you require in Buffalo, New York.